Default Wall-mount sliding door on a bathroom?

I have a tiny bathroom but the wall next to the door opening will not accommodate a traditional pocket door because of plumbing/electrical. I had an idea that a door which slides outside the wall like a barn door could be a solution and have just discovered a hardware kit that includes a fascia for hiding the hardware with trim:

http://johnsonhardware.com/2610f.htm

My question is: Are there ways to ensure security of the door--latch, lock, or something like that? Also, are there small cracks at the edge of the door between the wall trim and the door itself that compromise privacy?

Default Re: Wall-mount sliding door on a bathroom?

In looking at this picture:

You'll see the silver cup in the door to open and close it by. On the jamb you'll see a silver rectangle, this is a latch point, the bathroom side of the door cup has the lever/locking mechanism. It also appears that there is a trim strip on the jamb which prevents gaps. The back edge of the door should stay over the wall. Look at the floor, there is a roller that keeps the bottom of the door against the wall.

With all those points, there should be no issues with privacy, certainly not in the average household.
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs