Hello All,

Hope all is well. I am in the process of renovating a home my grandfather built and have purchased real wood floors for most of the house. The problem I have is in the kitchen. The floor previously was ceramic tile, which I have removed, and now the thin set is left on top of the plywood. Under the plywood there are diagonal 2x12 as the subfloor. How can I remove the thin set? Should I sand it off or should I remove the plywood and replace, what is the best method. I want to ensure a lasting and level wood floor install. Your help will be endlessly appreciated by my family and me.