+ Reply to Thread

Default Scrap Pressure Treated

I'm curious; I've got a small pile of scrap pressure treated lumber from a few projects, and I'm wondering what to do with it. I understand that you can't just throw it out, burn it, or turn it into mulch because of the PT chemicals. Anyone have any ideas on a creative use for PT scrap, or if not, where to dispose of it?

Default Re: Scrap Pressure Treated

Your municipal waste handler can tell you where/how to dispose of PT materials, you're right that you don't want to burn it or use it for mulch.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    how long are the scraps are they short little pieces or long enough to build say planters or benches
    Little pieces left over from building my first set of Adirondack chairs. Norm's plans. I'm gonna make two more this spring and then the Adirondack bench as well, so I'll be generating more scrap.

Where I live PT wood is not considered hazardous waste, so what ever I don't save for reuse is put in the trash. Large quantities of construction waste are handled differently.