+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need advice for old radiator plumbing

Please no fighting on my thread... I'm trying to get this figured out so I can move forward with a new furnace before SNOW STARTS FALLING AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by von_steuben View Post
    johnjh2o:

Well John, congratulations!

In less than a month on these boards you've established yourself as one of the hostile insulters that have plagued these boards for way too long.
    We've seen it all before.

I know, you're the big expert who knows it all and can't stand the hundreds of other contributors on these boards who also have valid input.

You've got a closed mind, pal!
    And an ignorant one at that!

Do us all a favor and go haunt some other forum, along with your pal Leslie.

Get lost, in other words.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to use computers!
    I'm sorry if I have offended you. All I'm trying to do is to help someone out by giving them the proper way of doing a job. I don't think you would see any one that has been in the heating business advise someone to use radiator hose on a heating system. If you have something constructive to add to this thread then do so. Attacking me helps no one.

John
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 03-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Don't apologize to me John, apologize to the OP and to Nashua.

Valid suggestions were being exchanged, then YOU come along and slam NT who is a vital contributor to the forum with hundreds of posts.

You might try reading some of them before you go into your insulting mode.

If people like you ran things every homeowner would be arrested for fixing a leaky faucet, light fixture, or leaky pipe.

Yup, they're ALL code violations for a DIYr to try and fix it, instead of calling a "licensed plumber" who wants hundreds or thousands of $$$ for the repair.

We live in a DIY world where the internet, Home Depot, Lowe's and the DIYr have, Thank God, made the reign of outrageous plumber costs and arcane "code violations" uninforceable.

Something YOUR outdated mind will NEVER grasp.

Have you thought about going into TV repair?
    Last edited by von_steuben; 03-06-2010 at 08:33 AM.

Don't apologise to me John, apologise to the OP and to Nashua.

Valid suggestions were being exchanged, then YOU come along and slam NT who is a vital contributor to the forum with hundreds of posts.

If people like you ran things every homeowner would be arrested for fixing a leaky faucet, light fixture, or leaky pipe.

Yup, they're ALL code violations in a DIY world where Home Depot, Lowe's and the DIYr have, Thank God, made them uninforceable.

You must be a real sweet heart.

John
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 03-06-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Don't apologize to me John, apologize to the OP and to Nashua.

Yup, they're ALL code violations for a DIYr to try and fix it, instead of calling a "licensed plumber" who wants hundreds or thousands of $$$ for the repair.

We live in a DIY world where the internet, Home Depot, Lowe's and the DIYr have, Thank God, made the reign of outrageous plumber costs and arcane "code violations" uninforceable.

Have you thought about going into TV repair?
    Maybe you should consider the benefits of waiting until you have a few legitimate, helpful posts under your belt before commencing to take the piss out of another newb. Your new adversary IMHO said absolutely nothing that could be taken as an insult to a normal mind.
    Radiator hose for hydronic systems might be acceptable for some very temporary emergency or diagnostic situation, but geez! the only reason it's used at all anywhere is because the systems demand a vibration-isolation property for the connection above all other considerations. Solid piping is always preferable. It is less prone to damage and degradation than radiator hose.
    It's the most common practice in threaded pipe repairs to take it apart at a union, if any, and work back from there. or you must cut a pipe or break a fitting, take it apart in both directions (to fittings) and end by inserting a union to close the loop. If you insert a run of copper into the black iron, you close the loop with a repair coupling or flexing the pipe to get the last fitting mated.
    I have to think that your tirade evidences a satirical mock-outrage and is unreal. Surely you can't be serious.
    S_M
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Come on, mongel, you can't be serious with a tag like "mongrel".

You claim you're trying to learn carpentry but now trying to pass as a "heating expert".

Your post demonstrates your total ignorance of heating, let alone carpentry.

"Florida John is mired in the swamp,
    the mongrel is marching in his medieval stomp,
    they're both a loser part of leslie, the useless wonk."
    Last edited by Pelton; 03-07-2010 at 11:51 AM.

What's with all these sock puppets cropping up like spring weeds?
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.