+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default something is not right

Hi all,
    I recently had some re pipe work done ,and had a new water heater installled.The hot line from the water heater is 3/4" cpvc
    piping that runs a length of 27' at which point it reduces down to existing 1/2" type "L" copper piping that runs 5' in length,and for supplying the following fixtures:,(kitchen faucet swivel type handle hot/cold,tub/shower hot/diverter valve/cold, bathroom faucet hot/cold)TProblem: to get hot water at any one fixture mentioned above it takes a good 30+ seconds.To switch to cold water once good and hot takes litteraly just an instant though. I can reduce the 27' hot side piping in length downn to 19'. Might this help,or eliminate altogether this hot water delivery problem. I have been getting estimates from reduce the 3/4 pipe to 1/2",but more saying the only way to fix this is with a recirculating pump. There are dwellings on the same block here with the same pluumbing layout with a longer hot side pipe run and get hot water in a snap at the opening of the hot side.
    So,i ask the pros here? Reduce the run of pipe from 27' to 19'?
    change the pipe size? etc.
    I have attached 4 picture of present set up if they help
    Picture 01: hot water line (bottom) from WH
    Picture 08: 3/4 pipe hot side on outside then going uderground and back up on other side of exterior wall going back inside
    Picture 06: inside and under kitchen sink
    Picture 05: another view under kitchen sink

Thank you to all for your help and advice!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100228_01.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	3235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100228_08.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	3238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100228_06.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	3239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100228_05.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	3240