+ Reply to Thread

Thread: slanted floors

Question slanted floors

I bought an older house a few years ago. The majority of the house sits on a crawl space, but the family room & dining room are on a slab as they were later additions. The floors are very slanted for the rooms on the slab. Does anyone know how this can be corrected?
    Last edited by sisterdred; 02-27-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Default Re: slanted floors

Howdy are you saying the cement floors have settled? if the settling is slight self leveling grout can be pored on top of the cement and it will add slight leveling if the settling is ove r 1/2" then Consider mud jacking the floors. The mud jacking is done by drilling 3" holes threw the concrete and a high pressure hose is inserted and dry grout, concrete, is pumped at 12 psi for a floor. This grout not only raised the slab but also compacts the soils and fills voids so you have a very stable floor. Mud jacking or pressure grouting contractors usually listed after cement contractors in the yellow pages.

Smile Re: slanted floors

Thank you so much for your reply. This has been bothering me for years. I want to change out the old parque wood flooring in those rooms, but I didn't want to do anything until the floors were level. I will definitely call one of the contractors you recommended. Again, thank you so much.

Default Re: slanted floors

You are most welcome. I had a home in Colorado floors mud jacked and it brought them back to near perfect.