+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen faucet

Default Kitchen faucet

I installed a kitchen new faucet about a year ago after I had a fire. The faucet worked great up to about a month ago. Now If I turn on the hot then the cold water, only the hot remains on and comes out real slow. If I use the sprayer, there is no problem. All of the other fixture in the house work great. So this leads me to the conclusion the I need a new faucet or maybe there is a quick fix. Just one other thing, no matter if I turn on hot or cold the pressure is real low and not just when I turn them both on. I hate to have to pay for a new faucet after I paid $60 for this one. Warranty is up.
    Any suggestions?

Default Re: Kitchen faucet

sounds like a faulty diverta,this is an easy fix,you should google the faucet manufactuer for better details,

fyi,it could also be just a cloged aerator,located at the end of the spout,this fitting should unscrew easily,clean the screens and reinstall,you can run the water w/out this on and see if your volume i proves if so repair/replace aerator

I would go with the aerator. You should be able to remove and clean it.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb