+ Reply to Thread

Default Aeratis Porch Flooring

Has anybody used Aeratis porch flooring? If so, are you happy with it? We are trying to decide what to replace our doug fir T&G flooring with on a small covered porch off the kitchen of our 1925 colonial. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porch-steps3.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	1565  

Default Re: Aeratis Porch Flooring

Did you use the Aertis? We are needing to replace a porch floor and would love to use a manufactured product. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Jennie

Aeratis is a good alternative to wood, if that is what you are going for. It is 7/8" thick which makes it an easy transition from standard wood porch flooring which is often 7/8". Also it has a Class A fire rating and can be used in a covered and uncovered application. you will not find that with other alternative to wood products. I know they were offering are rebate at one point too.
    good luck

Just checking if there are any new posts regarding homeowners that have installed Aeratis porch flooring, or other brands (Azek?). In light of Aeratis' relatively recent appearance on the T&G PVC composite flooring scene, can anyone who has actually purchased and installed this comment?
    -Interested Homeowner

I installed Aeratis on my home in Alabama. I have a wrap around porch and it took 7 units/ 930 pieces. The product installed just like wood. I used two methods of fasting, screws and T nails. The t nails and the air gun made it much faster.

The product cuts like wood. The T&G joint went together much easier than wood. You know how wood T&G can be irregular. Well, I know because I had to replace my porch 3 times in a 10 year period. One of the main reasons I liked the Aeratis over the Azek product is because of the strength. Azek is foamed in the center and it is a little spongy when you walk on it. Also, I was worried about water getting caught in the cellular structure of Azek. Down in the south the last thing you want is another place for moisture to get trapped.

One thing to note. Aeratis is not the cheapest product on the market. It averages about 2.65 to 2.85 per foot. I thought that was a great price compared to Azek and according to the literature Aeratis outperforms Azek. Add to it, I have replaced my porch 3 times in 10 years using Pine, Exotics and fir. Those three times cost me more than Aeratis did.

Anyway, that is my experience with the product. Hope this helps... Oh yeah, they do have what they call a buck a board rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_C View Post
    I installed Aeratis on my home in Alabama. I have a wrap around porch and it took 7 units/ 930 pieces. The product installed just like wood. I used two methods of fasting, screws and T nails. The t nails and the air gun made it much faster.

The product cuts like wood. The T&G joint went together much easier than wood. You know how wood T&G can be irregular. Well, I know because I had to replace my porch 3 times in a 10 year period. One of the main reasons I liked the Aeratis over the Azek product is because of the strength. Azek is foamed in the center and it is a little spongy when you walk on it. Also, I was worried about water getting caught in the cellular structure of Azek. Down in the south the last thing you want is another place for moisture to get trapped.

One thing to note. Aeratis is not the cheapest product on the market. It averages about 2.65 to 2.85 per foot. I thought that was a great price compared to Azek and according to the literature Aeratis outperforms Azek. Add to it, I have replaced my porch 3 times in 10 years using Pine, Exotics and fir. Those three times cost me more than Aeratis did.

Anyway, that is my experience with the product. Hope this helps... Oh yeah, they do have what they call a buck a board rebate.
    valid points and tips!
    For all of you Hidden Content needs in Massachusetts & RI
    If you're in need of a new Hidden Content or Hidden Content click here.
    Or if you looking for new Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

In October, 2012, I decided to replace my tongue and groove porch flooring, I chose the composite Aeratis Traditions over natural wood to avoid replacing the natural wood every 5-10 years. Even though reviews were mixed, I shelled out the $3000 to buy the material for and hired a local craftsman to replace the porch. The boards were delivered to the site and contained a significant bow to them which my guy worked hard to straighten as he installed the boards.

About halfway through the job, he noticed that some of the boards were very slightly more narrow in the middle that on the ends. As a result, a slight curvature to the boards was occurring over time and a noticeable bend was apparent in the middle. I have taken my old protractor (remember those?) and have found a couple of installed boards with very slight variations in the center .

I initially contacted Aeratis by phone and email but received no immediate call or email in response this issue. After a couple of additional calls, they sent out the manufacturer rep for the mid Atlantic area who examined the porch, spoke with my guy and took the pictures. It was apparent to him as the pictures show that there was an issue. Frankly, given the significant premium I paid for the product , I wanted to discuss what my options were at this point. I have made numerous inquiries to both the manufacturer and the manufacturer's rep and it is apparent they are now taking the position that it was an installation issue, a position they did not mention at the first inspection nor one they have ever put in writing.