We don't know when our house was built. We know from the neighbor that their house was built early 1950's and our house was already here. It's cinderblock. In the kitchen, dining room (which we suspect was orig. a bedroom) I started removing wallpaper only to discover it was a thin paneling made to look like wallpaper. Tore that off and there was wallpaper with paint beneath that. Under that we thought was another layer of brown wallpaper with scattered sorta light print. I removed the border on the one window and realized that what I thought was wallpaper is actually 1/4 inch drywall with a pattern on it. Am curious as to whether early drywall had a pattern on it? I want to tear that part off but I suspect there is no insulation and in one spot I can see part of the cinderblock where they apparently put in a new window that was bigger which meant chipping out some of the cinderblock. I took pictures of it if that would help. This is more out of curiosity. I did figure out why there is cold air around the windows in that area...can you say old socks shoved in for insulation?...