+ Reply to Thread

Cool New kitchen with no cabinets... almost

I have a kitchen lay that is a wall of appliances with a sink base as the only cabinet. The layout will from left to right; washer; front loading, dryer, sink, dishwasher and small upright freezer. The dishwasher will be at angle and the wall behind has both a double angle and a recess ending with a stove.All of these appliances fit snog and will need to have access for repairs in the future. I have a contracted plumber/electrician who will route all water and electrical lines which will be neater than they are currently. My question "How do I tie all of appliances and create a counter top without cabinets in between" there will be 4 small spacers I would like to use tile/ 3x3 ceramic tie or 12x12 (or slightly small) granite tile on the counter. What kind of surface should I use as a base. I do have upper cabinets and open stainless shelving and small island for storage. This kitchen is next to a finished bathroom so the plumbing will have remain along this wall. This a 2nd floor kitchen of a 3 floor row brick house(1897).

Default Re: New kitchen with no cabinets... almost

If you can frame a sub structure over the appliances, then sheet in 3/4 ply you could subsurface and lay tile. Challenge is framing over to support the ply which gives you the strength for tile! It worked for me on a similar situation 3 yrs ago
    Patrick
    DemoAirNet

you can do a dishwasher return panel on that end will support counter and a ledger on the wall. you can finish the other side with a 9" wide tray cabinet or another dishwasher return end cap panel. that will cost you between six linear inches and a foot. you could also ledger on the wall and build support like a long bar and use posts for the front edge support and use a portable style dishwasher with installation kit keeping the case sides just swapping connections and the wheels for the leveler legs.

personally i'd rather stack the drier over the washer and close it in and keep the dirty clothes zone further AWAY from my kitchen sink and have a clean counter zone between them!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    you can do a dishwasher return panel on that end will support counter and a ledger on the wall. you can finish the other side with a 9" wide tray cabinet or another dishwasher return end cap panel. that will cost you between six linear inches and a foot. you could also ledger on the wall and build support like a long bar and use posts for the front edge support and use a portable style dishwasher with installation kit keeping the case sides just swapping connections and the wheels for the leveler legs.

personally i'd rather stack the drier over the washer and close it in and keep the dirty clothes zone further AWAY from my kitchen sink and have a clean counter zone between them!
    you have forgotten to delete this post.