+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lvls loading

Default Re: lvls loading

I suggest you click on Science & Mathematics in the category list, then click on Engineering and ask your question there. These guys and gals are pretty darn smart.

Howdy, Thank you Alton.cedric for your help. I will.

Timothy, you really should be asking technical questions with the manufacturer --- they and only they can give the approved answer to fastening and loads.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Timothy, you really should be asking technical questions with the manufacturer --- they and only they can give the approved answer to fastening and loads.
    Thanks i agree am wanting structural engineer input. However have learned some& hope it helps others too.

http://www.ilevel.com/literature/TJ-9000.pdf

Anyone do any lateral loading to assembled beams hanging joists that can share how they nailed the beams in addition to the nails to make the beam. If only one side is loaded then a strong need to add substantial fasteners between every joist and on both sides of the beam. If i am learning correctly up to 24 nails on each side. So am going to use GRK RSS screws between the joist hangers so i can install less fasteners with more strength. To me it's sure interesting to learn.

http://www.grkfasteners.com/

For a substantial fastener on your unequally-loaded girder, maybe some joist hangers made from 1/4"x3" angle iron and bolted on/through. Takes the flex out.
    S_M
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombreuil_mongrel View Post
    For a substantial fastener on your unequally-loaded girder, maybe some joist hangers made from 1/4"x3" angle iron and bolted on/through. Takes the flex out.
    S_M
    Howdy great idea thanks again for sharing your knowledge. Tim