We are planning to paint over plywood paneling in our 1901 living room (I've already read up on filling and sanding the grooves etc. in Tom Silva's article). What I need to know is can I repair a large hole in the paneling as I would sheetrock or is there a better way? I cound'nt find this topic in the past discussions.