+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumpin pipes

Default Re: Thumpin pipes

Yes I know it took forever to get those washers changed but I did it today

Oddly enough the hot water faucet that was thumpin was the only one (i replaced all washers from all the handles on this sink) without the screw at the seat, There was a post the washer sat on and in the valve i could see another post. The sound is mostly done except if you slam the faucet on, if you open it not slow but easy it will not make the noise, i am wondering if i got back in there and put another washer on that post inside the valve, would that take care of any noise. Good news is it doesnt leak through anymore either .

After replacing all washers on that 3rd knob in the middle, it still doesnt seem to do anything, though you can feel the water pressure when you close it down. Odd.
    Last edited by Susan59; 04-23-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: additional comment

A few days later.....

All is quiet on the kitchen front. I sippose it took a few uses for the washers to seat well. I am so tickled! Now if I could just find a cabinte that would fit beneath this old sink ah well , yet another thread... thanks again

Find a cabinet! Bound to be a good carpenter in your area who could custom what you wish right into the space, but that is in a different part of these forums. Glad you got your hammering stopped.