+ Reply to Thread

Default How to store a lawn mower, leaf blower,etc for 3 to 5 years?

Hi, I will be moving overseas and will not be able to take my garden/power equipment with me. I recently bought a new Toro mower, Husqvarna blower, and a few other items and would like to put them into long term storage. The storage facility would be climate controlled, safe, etc. Is there a way to do long term storage for these items? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: How to store a lawn mower, leaf blower,etc for 3 to 5 years?

While you might get some good advise here, I think you might get a bit more knowledgeable response at mytractorforum.com.
    I normally use fogging oil and a gas preservative(not stabil) for off season storage. For three years though I would probably try to run out all the gas and use a fogging oil in the cylinders. Check with the manufacturer.

Default Re: How to store a lawn mower, leaf blower,etc for 3 to 5 years?

Definitely all the fuel most be out before storing it. I am sure that is the rule of storage facility anyways, It is important to check the manual your blower came with- it should have specific instructions for long-term storage, I found this info, it may help you http://www.lawn-boy.com/service/fixi...f/storage.html. Good luck.
    ________
    LandscapingNetworx.com