My shower and tub faucets have two handles for the shower and two other handles that control the tub. I would like to replace the faucets, because they're ugly and they leak. Is there a special type of faucet that I would need or can I just purchase two sets of faucets?

It seems logical that I'd be able to replace them with standard faucets, but water is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Thank you for your help. This is my new favorite forum!