+ Reply to Thread

Default Finding small vanity 24W x 21D x 30.5H !!!

I've purchased a vanity top, sink, and faucet to replace the old, damaged ones and thought I'd found a vanity cabinet to match. It turns out that the specifications of the vanity cabinet are not what they first appeared to be, so I could not buy it. The top has shipped and cannot be cancelled. Where do I find a vanity cabinet 24" W x 21" D x 30-31" H that is not antique style nor have legs and is under $400? I've tried the major hardware stores and untold #s of ****** stores. I found one but it has only 3 sides and doesn't look very sturdy. Any ideas? Thanks....need your help...small bathroom.

Default Re: Finding small vanity 24W x 21D x 30.5H !!!

if your budget is 400 dollars, why not hire an out of work carpenter and have custom made! for wood and labor it should be under 400.

I like the idea. I'm on a time deadline and looking for a carpenter would slow me down but I'll keep it as a backup plan. Thanks alot!

Where are you located? You could try a plumbing supply house but it may be something that they have to order so it may take a little while to get it.

Mike

Thank you. I'm in New York City so there are some around.

The cabinet is easy! Find one that fits the width and depth and you can build any height toe kick to raise it to what you need.

Side dimensions can be taken care of with either scribe molding or filler strips. Depths are usually pretty standard..
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gardenit View Post
    I've purchased a vanity top, sink, and faucet to replace the old, damaged ones and thought I'd found a vanity cabinet to match. It turns out that the specifications of the vanity cabinet are not what they first appeared to be, so I could not buy it. The top has shipped and cannot be cancelled. Where do I find a vanity cabinet 24" W x 21" D x 30-31" H that is not antique style nor have legs and is under $400? I've tried the major hardware stores and untold #s of ****** stores. I found one but it has only 3 sides and doesn't look very sturdy. Any ideas? Thanks....need your help...small bathroom.
    I'm guessing the cabinet is opened back --- is that what you refer to as being not very sturdy?
    Once it gets screwed to the wall it will become more sturdy.
    If you're in a time crunch with a limited budget ---- this cabinet might be the one.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush