+ Reply to Thread

Question tub caulk mildew

My bathtub caulking keeps getting mildew/mold even though I use quality caulk. I leave shower curtain open to maximize drying. I read ****** we should purchase "mildew proof" caulking rather than mildew resistant. What brand do I use? Everything I look at says antimicrobial but can find no mildew proof.

Default Re: tub caulk mildew

Got a bath fan and do ya leave it on 20 minutes after a shower? or consider spraying the calking area with a 1 part clorox to 10 parts water as it kills mold and fungus a spray bottle and a light mist sure helps at our house.

Default Re: tub caulk mildew

I haven't heard of any mold proof caulk products. It seems almost impossible that any area in contact with water could be mold proofed. But, I have used Dap Kwik Seal Plus, it has microban in it and it will help prevent mildew growth. Additionally, Yyou can easily remove the mildew spots with cotton balls and bleach. Just soak some cotton balls in bleach and place them on the corners that need cleaning. Keep them there for a few minutes (about 10). The mildew should be gone.
    ________
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.