+ Reply to Thread

Default Opened Kitchen into Dining Room How to paint?

Now I have taken down the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. I want to paint but not sure if I have to flow with the paint from kitchen to dining room or I can paint as if it is 2 seperate rooms? How to paint it?

Default Re: Opened Kitchen into Dining Room How to paint?

I am in the process of doing the same thing. We have chosen to paint it all as one room, although I am guessing that it is a personal choice thing and you can do it however you like.

It is a totally personal thing and how you intend to decorate both rooms. you can use two different colors for the rooms, and use a third color for the doorway/transition opening or you can go all one color. You can use gloss or semigloss in one room and flat in the other, etc.

It all really depends on how you want the two areas to look and blend together, as well as furnishings and decorations. There is really no right or wrong answer to your question.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Does your dining room have a chair line? (I cant remember what that's called...) the molding at the height of the chairs.....(??)

If so.. you could paint the bottom the same as the color of the kitchen and have the top be a few shades lighter - I saw that once and I thought it looked fabulous.