+ Reply to Thread

Default 62" Vanity in a 64" space?

So I'm planning a remodel for our only bathroom. We currently have an old built-in vanity that will be replaced. It's 64" wide, and goes from entry wall to shower wall. All of the vanity tops I see for sale are 62" at the largest. We can't afford a custom piece, so does anyone have any creative ideas on how to bridge this gap? I figure the vanity cabinet can just get two 1" pieces of trim on either side.

Default Re: 62" Vanity in a 64" space?

Depends on your budget. If you want off the shelf, you're pretty much screwed. For about the same price you could go to a custom cabinet shop and have them make you up a Formica top with end splashes to fit the hole. For a little more, you could have a cultured surface shop do the same.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Try going to a cultured surface shop.Alot of times they have tops that were made the wrong size or has small defects in them. Theres a good chance they may have one larger than the one you need, have them cut both sides down to fit your opening.
    Yep --- good idea as well.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

You could also Tile the top if you like that look. If you have any surplus building supply stores in your area you can usually find some good deals on tile there. There is one near me and they usually have marble and granite tiles for between 2 and 4 dollars a square foot.

Mike

Cultured surface? That sounds nice. Is that similar to a solid surface countertop? Are the cultured tops usually made with the sink bowls molded in?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsylvia View Post
    Cultured surface? That sounds nice. Is that similar to a solid surface countertop? Are the cultured tops usually made with the sink bowls molded in?
    Depends on the style and the material, but yes, the bowls are usually either molded in or epoxied to the counter top.
    http://www.cmpltd.com/
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!