+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Brad nailer air canister

Saw Tom Silva on TV today powering up his brad nailer with a small 3000PSI air canister good for 1500 - 1700 brads. Where can a cabinet maker find one for those small trim jobs?

Default Re: Brad nailer air canister

I didn't catch the name but I would think it was a CO2 unit similar to this
    http://www.worldtools.com/tools/all-...lnvpi5vsvjnjf5

Lowes carries a regulator and hose kit that I believe works with paint-ball cylinders.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...100&lpage=none

And then there is this
    http://www.instructables.com/id/CO2-...filling-tires/
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

It was a T-force work bottle. The rechargable canister system holds compressed AIR, and can be used instead of a compressor. Tom was sporting a Turbin Air kit (bottle, gauges/controls, line & pouch)to install trim.

I tested one of these a while back. I didn't catch the 3000 lb charge statement or how many brads or staples he said he could shoot on one bottle charge, the phone rang, but would likely have been the work bottle 68 or 114 kit. Can't refill them with a regular compressor - that's the hitch you need their recharger weighs in at about 130 lbs.

<http://www.turanairsystems.com/Product_Specs.php>

Then click on the WB-68 or WB-114 or larger.

Here's the specs with shot counts and FAQs for the T-force work bottle WB68-3R.

<http://www.turanairsystems.com/uploads/Quick_Start_Guide.pdf>

Warning: you don't want to use CO2 with your air tools, will void warranty, ruin seals, and not quite safe, unless your tool manufacturer says it can be safely used with CO2.
    SPAM: never liked it from a can, can't stand it on a board forum. This board needs MODERATORS!

That unit from Lowes isn't worth a damn... I exchanged it three times before giving up on it... the problem with it is that every time I would go back to use it after sitting on the shelf for a few weeks the canister would be empty. Finally went with one of the battery powered Porter-Cable units that have a small compressor built in... it's a bit heavy but it does work and a plus side is that it uses the same batteries as the cordless drill & router.

Quote Originally Posted by libcarp View Post
    That unit from Lowes isn't worth a damn... I exchanged it three times before giving up on it... the problem with it is that every time I would go back to use it after sitting on the shelf for a few weeks the canister would be empty. Finally went with one of the battery powered Porter-Cable units that have a small compressor built in... it's a bit heavy but it does work and a plus side is that it uses the same batteries as the cordless drill & router.
    This is a common complaint with cannister and tank systems. When not in use you must close the valve on the tank because the hose is not completely air tight. It also happens with oxy/acet units if the valves are not closed.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Watson View Post
    Warning: you don't want to use CO2 with your air tools, will void warranty, ruin seals, and not quite safe, unless your tool manufacturer says it can be safely used with CO2.
    I have to ask on what bases you make that statement?
    Compressed air contains CO2. CO2 is a drier supply than compressed air so you don't get water in the tools that you do with compressed air. Ir would only be unsafe if you were working in a sealed room and filled it with CO2.
    Plus you can get the CO2 cylinders refilled at thousands of paint-ball suppliers.
    Jack

I was wondering whether anyone has updates on the brad nailer air canister? I recently saw a rerun of this show and am interested in the air canister idea. It would be much more convenient than hauling around my large compressor from job to job. Thanks in advance.

Are you in the market to buy a nail gun (power nailer)? Do you have a project that will require 100's if not 1000's of nails to be driven into wood or other materials in a single day? A hammer is a great tool for a few nails, but nail guns come in handy for larger jobs. A quality power nailer can accurately and consistently sink 1000's of nails/day with minimal effort. Power nailers come in 2 basic types - stick nail guns and coil nail guns.
    home Hidden Content and discounted Hidden Content and also Hidden Content

the air canistor is called the jacpac

i believe its jacpac.com, good idea but it needs to be refilled at a paintball supply
    fire up the saw and make some dust

You know, I do not trust anything, but a good solid hammer!!!