+ Reply to Thread

Default Baseboard Techniques for two offset elevation in floor surfaces

Hardwood Floor and ceramic tile floor.
    The HW floor is at a slightly higher elevation than
    the tile. What techiniques can be done to finish the
    baseboard at these areas?

All of your insight and help is appreciated!
    Edgar

Default Re: Baseboard Techniques for two offset elevation in floor surfaces

I would install corner blocks cut to cover the transition of the floor heights and slightly higher - 1/4" to 1/2" - than the highest baseboard. But the base into the corner blocks. You show an end wall, I would corner block both corners of that end wall as well as the other side of the door. If there are other doors or visible corners in the room you may want to do those as well.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

You could rip the bottom of the baseboard that goes on the hardwood to the height to match the tile. Or install a strip at the bottom of the baseboard that goes in the tile area to match the height of the hardwood area. Whichever has less board feet of baseboard to adjust is the one I would do.

for the most professional looking job, scribe the baseboard to the floor and have it notched to allow for the difference in floor heights,

i.e. one peice of trim that carry's directly through from one room to the next. if you acheive a tight fit you can eliminate the 1/4 round. this will make it look like a million bucks
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    for the most professional looking job, scribe the baseboard to the floor and have it notched to allow for the difference in floor heights,

i.e. one peice of trim that carry's directly through from one room to the next. if you acheive a tight fit you can eliminate the 1/4 round. this will make it look like a million bucks
    Uh, J? You ain't responding to a spammer are ya? Old post dredged by our resident spamologists.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!