+ Reply to Thread

Question Filling the CRATER left after removing an aboveground pool???

We had our 25' aboveground removed and we're left with a huge crater of packed beach sand. Should we remove the sand before dumping loam?

Default Re: Filling the CRATER left after removing an aboveground pool???

I don't personally see a need to remove the sand, unless you've got another use for it. The only reason I can think of for removing it would be so as not to create a well for water to collect that could cause subsequent damage to the house or basement.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Wait, don't fill it in, you could always sell tickets and set up a souvenir stand for the "landing site" of a UFO!!!!

We didn't bother removing the sand when we took down the pool at the parents house. After we spread the topsoil we just roto-tilled the topsoil into the sand base.

We had the same issue. In our case, we just added good garden soil from the garden center (didn't remove the sand) and tilled it in. It turned out to be a great garden area.

If you're looking to end up with grass, the same method would work for that too.

Tim

Thank you all for the information. I was afraid of drainage but now I won't worry about it - crater is away from the house. So, off to get some good top soil and grass seed. Luckily, we were able to sell quite a few ticket to the UFO landing site to pay for supplies!