+ Reply to Thread

Default Thwarted by a european faucet

This is my first post here. We are remodeling our 1929 row house and have revamped the kitchen completely. So I got this very cool European single handle faucet. I bought a separate kitchen sprayer as I can not live without them. The plumber said it would not work, there was no possible way I can have a sprayer. He is a really nice guy but not a master plumber by any stretch. So that being said, I have a hole in my solid stone countertop and no sprayer. Does anyone know of an after market sprayer that can be attached to an existing faucet?
    Thanks a million!
    Audrey aka DCMOMMA

Default Re: Thwarted by a european faucet

Is it the size of the connection, or that fact that the faucet doesn't have a divertor valve?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

The faucet is a single handle single hole faucet. My guess no divertor valve. Can this be remedied?
    Thanks Jack!

btw...my 18 month old son is also Jack..good name

If there is no diverter valve there is no way to connect a sprayer to the faucet. A direct connection could be made to the hot or cold line but you would have no temperature control. On a regular faucet the sprayer is connected after the mixing chamber so the temp controls also control the temp to the sprayer.The only thing you might be able to do is jury rig a temperature controlled mixing valve for the sprayer or have it hooked directly into the hot water line.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb