+ Reply to Thread

Default Countertop Height & Problems w/ New Slide-in Range

In not knowing the correct forum for this question, I've posted the same thread under the countertops - http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/showthread.php?t=78732.

I’ve installed a new slide-in range (GE Profile P2S975SEPSS) and it is 1/4" above the granite (even after adjusting the legs). The total height from the ground to counter top is 35.5". I've called GE and they don't have any suggestions overcoming this challenge as the minimum height for the range is technically 35.75". I'm hoping that the creative minds reading these threads can help... Any thoughts?

FYI. New cabinets and granite countertops were recently installed in my kitchen. The base cabinet height is 34.5". New granite is 1" thick. I noticed ****** that folks have suggested that an underlayment is required to reach the preferred 34.75"-36" (cabinet+counter) surface height, but the neither the cabinet or granite contractor mentioned anything. As a side question, is this a preferred method of installing granite when the granite thickness is 1"?

Thank you for the help!
    Last edited by Cole_Bloodworth; 02-15-2010 at 11:42 PM.