I hoping to find some help with my mystery house problem. As background - My home dates from the 1950s. Kitchen was renovated about 13 years ago, with Asko dishwasher.

About one year ago, I began to notice residual water in dishwasher. Water wouldn't be there at end of cycle, but when I'd load dishwasher next day, there would be about cup of water in bottom of dishwasher. Dishwasher connection has the high loop connection. Residual water is "sucked" out of dishwasher at beginning of each cycle, as part of the normal cycle. Dishwasher repair person looked at it and couldn't find anything wrong. He said it might be condensate from after wash OR that there might be leak in intake valve.

That's first part of problem. Starting about 6 months ago and getting progressively worse, when water is entering dishwaster during cycle, the water pipe (under sink) going to dishwasher vibrates and makes terrible rattling sound (which goes on until dishwasher water filling cycle ends). Starting last week, I can now hear pipe rattling in bedroom bathrooms and even in the basement (in association with the rattling in kitchen with the dishwasher). I've had plumbers look at this and they didn't have any idea what was going on.

I'm hoping someone here might have some thoughts, suggestions, etc!