+ Reply to Thread

Default Help! Tricky Shower Valve Problem

We just installed (and walled!) a new 3-wall fiberglass shower. We cut a hole for the shower valve - only to discover - it does not stick out far enough for us to attach a shower knob (i.e., the knob that twists for hot, cold, on and off). Any ideas? We really need some help on this one because the shower is already installed !

Eddy

Default Re: Help! Tricky Shower Valve Problem

the only shower valve comp that i know of that sells extion kits is symmons,if your valve is not a symmons valve im afraid youve committed a huuge boo boo,do you have access to the valve via a closet or anything? even if you have to open up a wall behind valve it would be easier than tearing down shower..gl

thanks murph

we can't access the reverse side wall - unfortunately. Any web links available where I could reearch the sym's extension? Thanks.

is your shower valve a symmons valve?if so you need to [purchase the TA-10-EXT-KIT,if its not a symmons valve i would shoot an email to the manufacter to see if anything is avail for your model

If the shower wall backs on to an interior wall you could always cut into that wall and move the valve forward.
    It beats tearing open the shower wall.