+ Reply to Thread

Default looking for old Shop Smith parts

My husband has ordered a catalog and I'm scouring eBay. Can any one else think of a place to find old parts.

It's a model built in 1942 and still runs.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Default Re: looking for old Shop Smith parts

Quote Originally Posted by debbysewn View Post
    My husband has ordered a catalog and I'm scouring eBay. Can any one else think of a place to find old parts.

It's a model built in 1942 and still runs.
    Have you looked at Craigs List for a donor? I see shopsmiths on there all the time.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Oh, I should have thought of that myself. I'm on there all the time. Hmmm, maybe I need to subscribe to your regional craigslist too.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Google "global craigslist search". There are search engines that will crawl the entirety of craigslist, not just your locale. This is a comment on one of them.
    Craig's Helper (http://www.craigshelper.com/). You can search just like you're used to in Craig's List, but with the added bonus of searching various regions/countries. More powerful search tools are also used such as include or not include certain words or phrases. The resulting list is organized by city (or country in some cases).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!