+ Reply to Thread

Default Drill/Driver combo?

I just watched a taped ATOH and Tom was using a drill/driver combo, has anybody seen that episode? It appeared that the drill bit just slid over the driving bit or maybe I have it backward, I accidentally erased the show so I can't go back to look at it in detail. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? I'd like to get my hands on that product if anyone knows who makes it?

Thanks,

Brian Csukas

Default Re: Drill/Driver combo?

It was probably a tool that was chucked into the drill gun. The tool holds both a drill bit and a screwdriver tip and is flipped back and forth as the need arises. It is a common tool available nearly everywhere. Look in the tool crib in the drill/driver bit section.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks A. Spruce, yeah I think I know which one ur referring to, I have have the craftsman one, but I think I just found it. This might be what I saw the Festool T+3 Drill Driver Systems. Tommy was using it to drill pilot holes and then just removed what I'm guessing was the chuck with a drill bit to reveal a screw bit? Does anyone know if that's how these drills work?

Thank again,
    Brian

This would be the poor man's version. Most major manufacturers have a similar style/type. Inside the shaft where you see Craftsman the drill bit portion is hidden. Pull back the quick clip on the end, the driver tip comes out with the drill bit on the other end. Flip it around, reinsert, and you're drilling holes again. Flip and you're running screws. You can pick these up for a few bucks at any hardware supply.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks again guys I'll check into the new yankee workshop site. I have that exact craftsmen one, but it seems no matter how well I take care of it, it seems the sleeve u pull down to release the bits seems to get stuck. I try to keep it lubricated with white teflon grease, but that only works for a while and it makes the bit messy.

Thanks

jkirk you da man here's what I was looking for:

Here's the site as well:
    http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/LHS-...l-Drive-System

Thanks again,
    Brian
    Last edited by bcsukas; 02-15-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Yep --- I still use my Makita after 20+ years

"" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush