+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gluing concrete

Default gluing concrete

I have recently (last weekend) framed and poured a new concrete front porch. Now I want to concrete blocks (about 1 inch thick) that look like bluestone on top. I've heard there is a product that comes in a caulking tube format that might work. I would prefer something like that rather than using mortar. Any suggestions?
    WIDC (Rob)

Default Re: gluing concrete

I don't know what the product is but I don't think I would use it. It can be hard to bond to concrete. Then you have winter weather to contend with. I think mortar would be the best bet.

I believe that this is what you're looking for. This adhesive, or a similar one, can be found anywhere that concrete pavers are found.
    HTH

Dave

Thank you both,for your suggestions. Dave, the PL Landscape block adhesive looks to be the same as one used by Roger Cook on Ask This Old House on TV. It seems alot easier and neater than mortar.
    Rob

This is what we use
    http://www.unitex-chemicals.com/cata..._bonding.shtml

The consistancy is similar to molases, so I'm not sure if this material may be to thin. We use it to bond fresh concrete to old concrete, and bituminous, and it works unbelievably well.

Smile Re: gluing concrete

Thanks for your great suggestion Unclebo. You know your stuff.