+ Reply to Thread

Default hot water pressure

i fixed some plumbing in my master bathroom (never worked) and i dont have any hot water pressure. i just trickles. works great everywhere else in the house. hot water heater 5 years old. any suggestions?

Default Re: hot water pressure

Be more specific.

Do you mean the hot on both tub/shower and sink?

What kind of fixing did you do?

What type of piping did you use?? If you used copper that had a plug in the end (A/C piping), did you remember to take the plug out. That may sound dumb but but it has happened and it sux to have to cut out brazed connections to find the plug someone forgot to take out.

Quote Originally Posted by mayesj47 View Post
    i fixed some plumbing in my master bathroom (never worked) and i dont have any hot water pressure. i just trickles. works great everywhere else in the house. hot water heater 5 years old. any suggestions?
    when i moved in the house i had to repair alot of the plumbing from the previous winter. everything works good but the masterbathroom sink and tubs hot water pressure. the plumbing is cpvc. it reduces from 3/4 to 1/2" in the same place. good cold water pressure.

[QUOTE=mayesj47; it reduces from 3/4 to 1/2" in the same place. good cold water pressure.[/QUOTE]

If the "same place" you mean is the place where the piping serves the bath you're talking about, you ought to have good pressure and good flow at the lav and tub.

Start working backwards from the lav: check the aerator for crud first; disconnect the supply tubes under the sink and run water into a bucket--is the flow good?--if it is, there's a restriction in the faucet. If it's not, the restriction is upstream from there--you get the idea. Do the simplest things first.

Is it a 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 tee that feeds the lav and tub? That is also suspect, because the fitting "necks down" at that point, which creates a place for some foreign object to lodge.

I have the same problem. We have 2 full baths. The master bath is closer to hot water tank than guest bath. From the hot water tank runs 1/2" copper hot water lines ALL THE WAY to both tubs and lavs. From the hot water tank runs 3/4" copper cold water lines all the way to both tubs and lavs. Our problem is with the master bath tub ONLY. Every other fixture in the house runs hot water perfectly. Since we are on well water, we first changed out the valve and faucet to the master bath. Although, we do get SOMWHAT better pressure (better than the trickle we had) we still have to turn the dial completely to hot, not using cold water at all. The guest bath runs FULL and very HOT. Does ANYONE out there have an answer as we have been living with this for 5 years now and are ready to fix this problem.

NOTE: We did not buy a copper pipe with a plug in it. Our pressure is only somewhat better than before, but it is better.

PS: We have a fairly new hot water heater. It is only 2 years old.