+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House Dust

Default Re: House Dust

Quote Originally Posted by thommy View Post
    fresh air enters the house thru the return duct located on the furnace .it is filtered before entering the house.the fresh air exchanger also has it own filter.
    Right. Thank you. I'm at a loss as to how the dust is getting into your house. Is your hi- eff. filter getting dirty, quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gabrilson View Post
    Right. Thank you. I'm at a loss as to how the dust is getting into your house. Is your hi- eff. filter getting dirty, quickly?

no.it's been in service 60 days and looks new.I keep a replacment handy for comparison.

no.it's been in service 60 days and looks new.I keep a replacment handy for comparison.
    If your filter is not getting dirty, then that's a sign that the (return) air is getting around the filter and the air is not being cleaned. Check to make sure that you have a bottom in your furnace.

If your filter is not getting dirty, then that's a sign that the (return) air is getting around the filter and the air is not being cleaned. Check to make sure that you have a bottom in your furnace.
    there is a bottom in the furnace.the filter housing has a good seal.keep in mind what I said about the 3 rooms I dont use.if the furnace is pulling dust from the house,then dust should be accumulating in these rooms.there is no dust in these rooms.
    the furnace is fully functional in these rooms.

I am not sure what a heat vent is?

That's surprising since you're pretty familar with the workings of the mechanicals. The heat vent is where the warm air comes out into the room.

there is a bottom in the furnace.the filter housing has a good seal.keep in mind what I said about the 3 rooms I dont use.if the furnace is pulling dust from the house,then dust should be accumulating in these rooms.there is no dust in these rooms.
    the furnace is fully functional in these rooms.
    Since you have the doors closed off to these rooms maybe it is your vacuum.

It worked for me thank you!

The bedroom should be cleaned daily and given a thorough cleaning weekly. All cleaning in the house should be done with a vacuum, wet mop or wet dust cloth, never with a dry broom, dry dust cloth, or dry mop.Daily damp dust the plastic mattress cover.

I discovered the source of the dust.

Which was?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!