+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacement Hinge

I have a 100 year old victorian home. The kitchen door is on a spring loaded hing which allows the door to swing in both directions and automatically close. The hinge is old and worn (photo enclosed). The door is sagging and hits the jam. I would like to know if there is a place to buy this type of hinge?

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0487.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	1543  

Default Re: Replacement Hinge

I doubt that you will find new ones like that made today. Your best bet would be to check antique stores or building salvage stores. You can, however, buy a more modern style "double action spring hinges" like these http://vandykes.resultspage.com/sear...le+swing+hinge
    The other possibility would be to rebuild the ones you have.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I doubt you'll find those hinges manufactured today. You can rebuild the hinges, try antique shops or building salvage companies, or replace them with modern ones like these Double Action Spring Hinges.
    Jack

See your public messages by clicking "User CP" above.
    Jack