+ Reply to Thread

Default Good Carpenters Compass?

Does anyone know of a good carpenters compass, that it out there? I've been using ones that I find at Lowe's or places like that, but they are cheap and don't last. Haven't had much success on finding anything on the internet.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian Csukas

Default Re: Good Carpenters Compass?

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

What are you using it for and how is it stored? If all you're looking for is a circle maker, you might want to look at something like a bar and beam style:

If you use it for scribing, then go to an office/drafting/art supply and get one that uses a screw to set it's points, this will provide a very stable set of points that is perfect for scribing:
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions, JLMCDANIEL hit the nail on the head, he gave me a link for exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again fellas,
    Brian Csukas

Glad we helped.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Lee valley makes an amazing looking set of scribes, should work better than a compass for such work. I think it's now on my x-mas list.
    http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...936,50298&ap=1

S_M
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.