+ Reply to Thread

Default Want to upgrade? Heating

Actually , I dont know if it is an upgrade or just work.
    Currently I am on heating oil with heater vents on the bottom of the walls in each room. Last year I installed a pellet stove in the basement. I thought I would be able to transmit heat thru the un-insulated joist and it would heat the house. Well with or withiut pellets I ran the same amount of heating oil??????

I heat my hot water with the same boiler and I never need to get heating oil in the summer months. Is there a way for me to convert a wood burning or coal burning furnace to my system?

I do not want to pay $500.00 a month for heating oil on this small 1200 square foot unit??????????

Default Re: Want to upgrade? Heating

first i'm no heating expert but I had great sucsess turing down high boiler temp to 155/160 degrees and had plenty of heat to be very comfortable. second my house is 1950's no in wall insulation and wall mount ac.
    JUST A THOUGHT BEST THING IS IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING

Default Re: Want to upgrade? Heating

You might try an old fashion way, Cut a gravity vent in the floor near the pellet stove and a return vent at the other end of the basement. Heat rises. You could even install a fan in the gravity vent.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb