+ Reply to Thread

Default How to Cover up recessed lighting holes in Ceiling

I have mahogany t & G ceiling in my formal and casual dining rooms, the electrician installed too many recessed lights all connected to one switch. The lights really take away from the beautiful ceilings and the rooms get hot very quickly when the switch is turned on. I live in the islands so needless to say the heat from the lights is unbearable.

How can I remove some of the lights and cover up the holes?

Thanks

Geyegirl

Default Re: How to Cover up recessed lighting holes in Ceiling

Can you post a picture?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: How to Cover up recessed lighting holes in Ceiling

I'm not sure about patching up the holes as this may cover up a junction point inside the recessed lights, however you can consider (a) adding a dimmer (b) install a different style and / or smaller wattage bulbs , CFL type put out very little heat for example(c) A different type of recessed "trim", there are part you see from your room and there are usually dozens different styles and finishes for each size opening and some could be re-aimed to highlight artwork (d)Ask the electrician if they can snake a wire for a second switch so you can better control the entire room.(e)Use a "can converter" to change some of the recessed lights to pendant style. I Hope these ideas help.