We had our home painted w/Ever Guard Coating 2 yrs ago. We have a dbl steel front door that was also painted with the coating. The door paint began blistering, peeled off where the door came in contact with the insulating strip, felt sticky and collects dirt. I had the paint crew return twice attempting to correct the problem. They did not suceed and my patience ran out. I am now ready to tackle the doors myself. I understand that the paint coating must be removed first. Question: What is the best way to get this done properly? I don't want to try this and that wasting time, instead, tell me how to do it properly even if it takes more time. I was hoping in the heat of summer the paint would become more pliable so that perhaps I could peel the coating off, nope. Points to consider: I live in the High Mojave Desert. Very little humidity, rain, windy most days, the door faces East so gets the sun for a few hours everyday. My plan is to prime, then paint with an oil based, gloss paint after the door is all clean. Your time and advice are greatly appreciated.