+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Unhappy Help

I just purchased a home. I renovated the bdrm. NEW ROCK & SPACKLE. IPrimed and painted. The last wall was a beautiful blu/green. I trimmed with painters tape. As i peeled it off when I was done it peeled sections of my paint. Whats the best way to fix this?

Default Re: Help

did you prime the wall before you painted? a good primer not only helps the paint hide but it also helps the paint stick.

Unhappy Re: Help

yes...i primed. I might not have waited till it was completely dry or it was too thick. Can I fix this?

The trick is to remove the tape when the paint hasn't dried .... this way the bond between the paint on the tape and the wall can be broken easily.

Otherwise if the paint has dried you need to cut the bond or there is a good chance removing the tape will peel the paint from the wall .

You should be able to go over the area that had peeled .... depending on the color ...... the darker the more likely it may show in which case you may end up putting another coat on the entire wall to blend.

Personally I rarely use tape .... instead I use a brush for "cutting" the edges.

Hope this helps.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Good advice form Canuk. If you don't want to use a cutting tool, re-tape, paint, and remove tape before paint is dry. Personally I always use a sash brush to do corners rather than tape.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb