+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help with zone controls

I have a burnham boiler that is controlled with a Taco SR504 4 zone switching relay (zone 4 priority is off). There are 3 heat zones, each with its own circulator, and the 4th zone is for indirect hot water. The box is wired in a cold start application. All 4 zones are controlled by separate thermostats. Here is my question. I have just installed a wood/coal boiler (New Yorker - 90) in parallel with the oil fired unit and there is a Taco 007 pump in the loop. There is a Honeywell L6006A that is used to turn the pump and blower on and off and there is a Honeywell L4006B aquastat to act a a high limit switch to activate a pump in case the water temperature in the wood/coal boiler goes over temp. Where do I connect the L4006B? Normally I would connect it to the thermostat posts on the largest zone of the Taco Box, but all zones are used. Can I simply put the aquastat on the same terminals as the thermostat? I forgot to mention that the thermostats are all solid state auto set-back units. Sorry for the long post. Thank you.

Frank

Default Re: Need help with zone controls

A PM was sent to you regarding this topic.

Please click onto your "private message" logo for more info.

Default Re: Need help with zone controls

Just a note to finish this out. Called Taco, they said as long as the tstats were simple contact sets, they could be put in parallel. Simply connect the aquastat to the same terminals as the thermostat.

Frank