+ Reply to Thread

Default Help with the gap between my drywall and the stairs

Hi everyone,

I need some direction or advise.

A few years ago I reinsulated and drywalled my stairs leading up to my second floor bedroom.

Being that I was the only one doing the drywalling, I left a gap between the drywall and tread/riser of the stairs thinking that at some point there is an easy way to trim and cover the gaps.

Some of these gaps are as large as 3/4 inch and are non uniform.

Is there some trim kit other than only using 3/4 round or other trim that can easily be installed.

Perhaps someting like a continuous roll of flexible moulding?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Whoajoe4

Default Re: Help with the gap between my drywall and the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by whoajoe4 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I need some direction or advise.

A few years ago I reinsulated and drywalled my stairs leading up to my second floor bedroom.

Being that I was the only one doing the drywalling, I left a gap between the drywall and tread/riser of the stairs thinking that at some point there is an easy way to trim and cover the gaps.

Some of these gaps are as large as 3/4 inch and are non uniform.

Is there some trim kit other than only using 3/4 round or other trim that can easily be installed.

Perhaps someting like a continuous roll of flexible moulding?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Whoajoe4
    Fill the gaps with some slivers of new drywall...fiberglass tape it and spackle it then paint or trim it out.
    You could try and use JUST compound and fiberglass tape. I'd use hotmud (45 or 90 minute)in that case. Dries fast so it won't run and dries harder than mud from a bucket. Top coat the last coat over the tape with regular USG from the bucket...caulk neatly to the risers after you prime...top coat (paint) the whole deal..
    And oh yeh...no excuses about having to have done it yourself lol Practice and patience makes fer perfecter each time
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו