+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 3 way swiches with dimmer on both ends

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Watson View Post
    Lutron maestro multi-location dimmer and companion uses standard 3-way wiring and can be dimmed from multiple locations.
    That's an IR controlled unit, so does it have to be line of sight?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

No, not the IR system or remote system, I'm talking about the hard wired Lutron Maestro system. MA-1000 or MA600w is the master, then MA-R's are installed at the other control locations. No line of site. Uses the existing traveler wiring for a 3 or 4-way but in a different way. The companions are wired to the main controller blue screw to communicate, the companions and main controller are wired through black to **** to the lights. Simple no x10 no IR no transmitter/receiver issues, can always go back to old fashioned 3 or 4way switches.

I installed these in my family room, I couldn't find the 1000w controller at the big box had to get from lighting supply. Installed in a multi-gang so had to derate 200w for removing fins so couldn't use the 600w controller. They work great and don't cause any issues with the other communications and entertainment systems I have going on in that area.

Sent you a PM with a file Jack.
    Last edited by Gray Watson; 08-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks for the info Gray, I see they also have RF controlled devices as well.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb