+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do i remedy

Smile How do i remedy

How do i remedy: No sill plate insulation,no flashing in the windows,no insulation in the attic, no insulation in some of the walls, doors that have air gap's along the door frames,no insulation in the floors, lighting fixtures or power outlet's or lighting switches,as well as the fire sprinkler fixtures? The insulation,flashing problems i did not know about until i did a complete energy audit with blower door, and thermograpic camera's. The physical with instrumentation evaluation showed all of the missing pieces in this 2300 square foot modular house. I'm in a wheelchair but phyically capable of doing the work. Are there tools out there and devices i can buy so i can start making the repairs to the builder's construction over sights without having to ask for a contractor, I just need good
    directions!!!

Default Re: How do i remedy

If I was in your situation, here is what I would do. If you are looking for insulation I would call 2 companies that have the largest ads in the phone book, 2 companies that have medium size ads, and 2 companies that have small ads.

compile all their quotes and information for what you need done, and then go from there. The more information you have at hand the better off you are.

Default Re: How do i remedy

Bay Harbor's suggestion is a great one. Once you have the estimates, even if you decide to do all or part your self, you should have a pretty comprehensive list of what needs to be done and how it will be done.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb