+ Reply to Thread

Default Hidden deck fasteners

Im looking for advice from other people on hidden deck fasteners. What brand did you use? If you need to replace a damaged board how hard is it to do that with these fasteners installed?

Thanks

Default Re: Hidden deck fasteners

Yes, I will have access to the joists from underneath.

I've found two under-deck fasteners: Shadoe Track and Deckmaster. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Is one better than the other?

I use Tiger Fastener easy to use, I never had a problem with them.

We built a deck with those "hidden deck fasteners". Had one bad board and wasn't too difficult with the Tiger Claw fasteners. Of course it was a baord on the end. Can't imagine fastener that requires you to have a biscuit cut in the side of the wood easy to replace.

We actually ended up using TigerClaw fasteners on the recommendation of a friend. Our contractor installed them from the top of the deck which made it easier on him and easier on our pocketbook. I've heard if your outside wall is not straight it's hard to adjust the space between the boards to compensate with any hidden deck fastener.

I also know some like, Invisifast have to be installed from underneath the deck and might be something to look into besides the 2 you mentioned.
    DIY Home tip - Your life will be no better than the plans you make and the action you take. You are the architect and builder of your own life, fortune, destiny.

What kind of decking are you looking at?