+ Reply to Thread

Default pee stains on lawn from dog (fix)

I vaguely remember hearing about a cure to lawn stains (dead spots) on a lawn, resulting from pets peeing on it. It had to do with feeding the dog (culprit) some sort of vegetable or fruit.. ???? Has anyone heard of this?

Default Re: pee stains on lawn from dog (fix)

is it your own dogs or dogs from outside ?

Quote Originally Posted by kingtrader View Post
    I vaguely remember hearing about a cure to lawn stains (dead spots) on a lawn, resulting from pets peeing on it. It had to do with feeding the dog (culprit) some sort of vegetable or fruit.. ???? Has anyone heard of this?
    dilluting the area with water always worked for me!

I am a lawn freak. It's tough having nice grass with dogs. There are some all natural tablets on the market that reduce the acid in dogs urine which will keep them from trashing your lawn. They are suppose to be safe, however I would be afraid to give my dogs anything that messes with their natural health. I try hard to stay with my dogs and hose down the spot after they go.

I never heard about it yet and it seem that one interesting i teach my pet to pee on bathroom which is not yet my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 1918house View Post
    I am a lawn freak. It's tough having nice grass with dogs. There are some all natural tablets on the market that reduce the acid in dogs urine which will keep them from trashing your lawn. They are suppose to be safe, however I would be afraid to give my dogs anything that messes with their natural health. I try hard to stay with my dogs and hose down the spot after they go.
    This seems like very good advice. I wouldn't give your dogs anything you don't necessarily need to. Who knows how the dog will react to it. I've never tried spraying down spot where the dog just peed. It makes that washing it away or diluting it would help the problem. I've also tried getting my dog used to going in an area where it's not such a big deal.

Pick a spot in the yard. Make a 2'x2' box out of PT or get some garden edging you like to form a 2' dia circle. Fill it with decorator stone or gravel. Put a fake fire hydrant in the center.

I have a dog and the idea of following him with a garden hose every single day to dilute sounds like a lotta work. Much easier to have your dog do his business in a particular spot.

Cool Re: pee stains on lawn from dog (fix)

Sounds like you've got a good plan going. I trained my dog to go behind the shed where you can't see the stains. But to take care of the spots on the lawn before he was trained, my lawn care guy got rid of them with some chemical-free wash. He said it was on the market for pretty cheap but I forgot the name of it. I'm sure staying on top if your dog and dousing with water will work just fine as well.
    Your Hidden Content
    Where Healthy Living is Built In Hidden Content