+ Reply to Thread

Default Opinions on vanity design?

Does anyone want to give me their opinions on the attached elevations? I am trying to decide on mirros and lighting for our remodeled bathroom.

Thanks in advance![ATTACH]_pack[/ATTACH]

mirror 1&2.pdf

mirror 3&4.pdf

mirror 5&6.pdf

mirror 7.pdf

Default Re: Opinions on vanity design?

i can't open your pictures, sorry.

I'm partial to #4 with the full sized mirror. I personally think that it looks better and is more functional than "personal" sized mirrors.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Crud - why can't i open and see the pictures? I wanna see them...!

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie View Post
    Crud - why can't i open and see the pictures? I wanna see them...!
    Marjorie...I'll attach them again. Maybe that will work.

[ATTACH]_pack[/ATTACH]

mirror 1&2.pdf

mirror 3&4.pdf

mirror 5&6.pdf

mirror 7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    I agree with spruce on the full size mirror. They are far more functional for everyday use than smaller individual mirrors.

You might consider doing something that I have done with the larger full size mirrors. I hang a regular plate glass mirror in the size needed for the length of the vanity. Then, I trim the border of the mirror in a trim molding with a profile and finish to match the bathroom cabinetry. It gives the mirror a framed, custom, look that ties everything together.

It is less expensive than purchasing framed mirrors. Plate mirrors can be cut in any size that you need. Adding the trim after the mirror installation, prevents having to locate and/or purchase expensive framed mirrors in specific sizes. Plus, the trim molding can be purchased in a vast array of styles to accommodate the decor.

Hope this is helpful,

DB

Pictures turned upright for space saving.
    Thanks so much...that is a great idea! I was nervous about individual mirrors also, since we have a bigger one now.

I still can't open your pics, Heidi - must be something missing in my computer set up, everyone else can see 'em.

Those DB posted show up and are very nice.
    I thank you for that idea about framing the mirror, too - that'll help when it's time to re-do the hall bathroom. I suppose one could also have a nice frame an a mirror cut to fit it.

Heidi, I'm going to put a nice framed mirror (not a medicine cabinet) above one of those fabulous vanities that look like a chest of drawers, and put sconces with beveled mirror 'slats' on both sides of the mirror. I have can lighting in the bathroom now and will probably keep it.

How about posting a pic of yours when you get it done? (not that i'd be able to see it -hah!)

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    You might consider doing something that I have done with the larger full size mirrors. I hang a regular plate glass mirror in the size needed for the length of the vanity. Then, I trim the border of the mirror in a trim molding with a profile and finish to match the bathroom cabinetry. It gives the mirror a framed, custom, look that ties everything together.
    I too have done this, however, be aware that if you put the trim over the mirror's surface, as a normal frame is, then the mirror will reflect the back of the trim, requiring that the back of the trim be finished the same as the visible surfaces. If this sounds to involved or complicated, then you can just as easily finish your trim mouldings and butt them to the sides of the mirror instead of overlapping the face of the mirror.

Marjorie, the images are imbedded in a PDF file, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to see the images. If you don't have Adobe on your computer, it's a free download from Adobe.com. The only other thing would be to set your firewall to allow Adobe to access the internet so that you can view the images ****** without downloading the files to your computer first. If you've done all that and still can't see them, I'd be willing to convert and repost for you, but it will take a couple days, as I'm not in the office this week and don't have time right now.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!