+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Water in Basement

Im looking to buy a home in Central Connecticut that was built around 1910, the home is situated at the top of a hill in the historical district. The problem I have is that when it rains water enters the basement via the outside basement door, I think. All the water that I have seen is in that corner of the basement. How would I go about weather proofing this door? The moisture in the basement is a serious concern, as the flooring directly above the area is showing signs of warping due to the moisture. Would I need to replace both doors, ie. the ground level basement door and the one located at the foundation entrance to the basement? Also, I am doing research as tot he best way of restoring the stone foundation, would lime based mortar be the best choice in this, or should I find out what the exact stone makeup of the foundation is before putting any on it? Thanks for any help.

Edit, also I was looking around for a dehumidifier to help with the moisture and ran across a website that was selling a product called the Wave Home Solution, does anyone know anythign about it, and is it a viable solution for reducing moisture in the basement.
    Last edited by youngcondor12; 07-29-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: additional information