Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Unhappy HELP! what is this style of paint called???

    I want to paint my kitchen and I know what it looks like but i dont know what the style is called. A layer of paint then the corners are painted to make it look like its old and worn, kind of vintage looking? does anyone know what I mean. do you know where i can get a pic? for example. cream colored paint then edges are brushed with ****.. thank you inn advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Fayette County, Ohio

    Default Re: HELP! what is this style of paint called???

    It sounds like you are referring to over-glazing. After painting a surface with a base color a glazing is applied, generally at the edges, the feathered in toward the center. The glazing comes in many colors. It was very poular back in the 60's.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts