+ Reply to Thread

Default Are there any "full view windows?"

I have a house that was built in 1967. The original Andersen windows were beautiful and allowed full views of our country setting. Six years ago, the upstairs windows were replaced with the Andersen 4oo series (double hung). Two years ago, all the windows on the lower level were replaced with the Andersen Narroline 200 series (double hung) which I absolutely loved, because the frames were narrower and the full view windows were exquisite! In fact, they were an exact match to the original windows. I had to love Andersen for keeping the same windows!

This year I am looking to replace the kitchen windows (casement) and the bay window in the living room (5 windows). Unfortunately, Andersen has discontinued the Narroline series.

Is there any quality window sold that has a full view glass without the wide framing I am seeing on windows? I hope that someone can point me in the right direction. I hate to lose my view. I want more window and less frame.

Thank you!

Default Re: Are there any "full view windows?"

Have you tried looking into custom Anderson windows? We just ordered a custom Anderson to replace a large bay w/transom that we have in our living room. They have a ton of options - in fact we were there quite awhile deciding on exactly what we wanted.

We ordered ours at Home Depot. Just thought I'd throw that out there for you.

Our Remodel Pictures: Hidden Content

Default Re: Are there any "full view windows?"

When I was researching windows I seem to remember a narrow profile Marvin window series. Check all the big name quality window makers -- Marvin, Pella, Jeld-Wend, Kolbe, etc. I think you would benefit from actually visiting their showrooms. If you are willing to go vinyl (which I wasn't) I think you would have lots of options.