+ Reply to Thread

Cool Can antique wavy-glass windows be sold, or do they end up in a landfill?

I am thinking about replacing some old 6 over 6 windows with something more energy-efficient. The contractor would be taking care of the 'disposal'.... My question is, where will my windows end up? Will the contractor sell them (my neighbor told me the glass alone is worth $50), or will he just throw them out? Should I ask him to leave the windows so I can sell them myself to offset the cost of the replacements?

Default Re: Can antique wavy-glass windows be sold, or do they end up in a landfill?

Quote Originally Posted by turnip View Post
    I am thinking about replacing some old 6 over 6 windows with something more energy-efficient. The contractor would be taking care of the 'disposal'.... My question is, where will my windows end up? Will the contractor sell them (my neighbor told me the glass alone is worth $50), or will he just throw them out? Should I ask him to leave the windows so I can sell them myself to offset the cost of the replacements?
    he may throw them away but yes they can be sold there is a market for old glass