+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porch lights

Default Porch lights

Hello!

We are building a home on the beach and I am looking for porch lights that will stand up to salt water. The only recommendations I can get from lighting companies here on the west coast is too use plastic.

Problem is, they LOOK plastic,

I know nothing lasts forever in a salt enviroment but I ould appreciate any help you can give in terms of suppliers I can contact, Thanks! Lew

Default Re: Porch lights

Solid brass will hold up. You might check and see if you have a ship's chandler near by and convert some maritime lights.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks for the reply!

We have looked into brass but do not like the lacquered look.

I am having trouble finding unlacquered units that don't have a decided industrial look.

Another consideration would be copper. Take a look at these http://www.frenchquarterlanterns.com/

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks for all your help!

Someone told us this morning about a place in Seattle that specializes in "new" antique lighting.

They're factory is in Portland and they will build the lights in bare brass or any one of 12 different finishes.

All they're lights are special order and therefore not inexpensive, about $250 each, but after looked at one of their "aged" bare brass pieces I think they have the look we,or I should say, my wife is after.

Thanks again for all your help!