Default ----------------

-------------
    Last edited by asc2078; 08-18-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Default Re: Any experience with solid surface countertop kits ?

my security software wouldn't let me go all the way through their website but the videos were ok, I mean you always have different ways of doing things theirs isn't necessarily wrong just different then we do them. they are doing them on site where the cabinets are installed and of course we do them at our own shop. we build a complete template of the tops and they were doing them in pieces from angle to angle after they cut the first piece. that one has me mystified. we make a complete template then mark on the template where the seams are going then we are able to match the template to the finished counter top. we also put our build up on before we do any cut outs as this will help keep the piece secure. what they are calling their bevel blocks are nice and wide and look good. their seems are made good except that the adhesive for the seam should come from the manufacturer already colored for that particular color. (have you ever got the wrong color back from the paint store and not noticed till you already started putting it on the wall? same could happen with these tops) over all could a person do a set of tops based off these videos? yes but it would take someone who already has a basic knowledge in related trades.

Default Re: Any experience with solid surface countertop kits ?

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    I was actually trying to determine if it was more cost effective than contractor price from the wholesaler.
    e-mail me and tell me the price per foot they are charging and I will e-mail back what my price per foot is